Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The city is 3rd largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. A number of its structures and museums have been listed in world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been shut for prayers and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the English type of architecture. The actual park was built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the recreation area include a large greenhouse, organic garden and a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the creatures can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located on the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other marine life varieties have been stored here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dance lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best locations in France to determine and discover bons plans à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and you can take possibly TGV train or bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the 3rd largest city and second largest metropolitan area in France. This city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of Sept and October.